Monday, November 15, 2010

red kettle christmas


For the last 3 years I have volunteered for the salvation army around the holiday season. I volunteer to ring a bell outside of the grocery store in my hometown and raise money in the red kettle campaign. It's one of my favorite things to give back this time of year instead of just receiving. It's fun to smile and talk with the different people that come into the store and drink some yummy hot chocolate while greeting the customers.

This is a picture of my brother and I last year before we went. We usually sign up for 2 or 3 two hour segments at a time. It's a fun and easy way to spend time together and make some kind of difference. If you would like to ring the bell for the red kettle campaign check out the local salvation army volunteer homepage or click here!


No comments: