Tuesday, May 17, 2011

this. is. SO GOOD!

Oh you guys will not want to pass this up!
Remember how I told you I was making something yummy for din-din? 
I think the word yummy is a GIANT understatement!
This chicken is to die for.
oh yeah, and did I mention that I learned how to bbq for this? :)
[don't fret, if you don't have access to a bbq you don't really need one!]

Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa


INGREDIENTS
2 Tbs minced fresh cilantro
2 1/2 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp salt
cooking spray (unless you use a bbq)
1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
2 Tbs finely chopped red onion
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped


DIRECTIONS

1.  To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss and let stand 3 minutes.  (I let mine stand for about 10 while I chopped other stuff so that way the chicken could absorb the marinade more.)  Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard marinade.  Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 tsp
of salt.  
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat (I used a bbq) and coat pan with cooking spray.  Add chicken to pan and cook about 6 minutes on each side or until done.



2.  To prepare salsa, combine tomato, red onion, lime juice, salt & pepper in a medium bowl.  Add avocado; stir gently to combine.  Serve salsa over chicken.



So, there you have it!  So easy and super delicious.  AAAND for those of you who care, it's a heart-healthy recipe too (I actually got this from a wellness magazine!) with benefits of being low in sodium and containing healthy fats.

Enjoy :)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

this looks delicious! and you're blog is so cute, I'm a new follower!
http://www.ashley-withlove.blogspot.com

Raquel said...

omg this looks SO good! I will definitely have to try out!

Unknown said...

Yum! This looks very delicious :)

Kristin

Zara said...

That looks so fantastic and easy! Think I'm going to give it a go! :-)

sherri lynn said...

This looks good! Thanks for sharing!

sherrilynnpuz.blogspot.com

Kallie Anna said...

Yum! This looks so good! :)