Thursday, May 26, 2011

workin' the workout



{outfit: nike}

I love getting new workout clothes. 
And wearing sweats whenever it's appropriate.
[*cough* all the time]

I think I'm going to run another 5k!  Anyone else want to join?
I think I've got my mom convinced.
{sorry random tangent, I'm back}


I've been asked a lot and I thought I'd share with ya'll my workout routine.

I usually workout 5-6 days a week.
{whoa. yeah, I'm a freak}


It really depends whether or not I am exercising indoors, outdoors, at a gym or at home.
Either way there is always cardio involved.
If I workout indoors or at home, I usually run on the treadmill for 30ish minutes.
{real specific, I know...sorry!}
If I workout outdoors, then I usually go for distance and try to run at least 3 miles.
Sometimes at the gym I do the elliptical or stair stepper to keep it interesting.

After that I do abs for about 20 minutes and if I have any motivation left in me {not usually} then I lift some weights.

It is a good idea to mix up your workout because after a while your body begins to adapt and you don't really see as much of the result that you are probably looking for.

Wanna know my workout music?
Sorry, I think I'll save that for a different post ;)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you love to run (as do I) you should run the Chicago Beachathon on June 11th! It's a blast...especially the after party :)

Holly said...

Just came across your blog and I love it! Stop by mine if you'd like!

Hilary Ayers-Kurtz said...

Where do you live? I'd totally do a 5k! I'm doing one in October in Cleveland Ohio I believe.

Emily said...

what an adorable blog! I love it!

In college, I ran a half marathon...now I'm trying to get myself to that level again.

It's hard when you havent run in awhile!

Thanks for stopping by my blog !:)

Unknown said...

This is great, I wish I had that motivation. I try to workout at least twice a week. Is that bad? :/

p.s. I like the changes you've made on the blog.

AS said...

love your workout clothes lets just say i do not look cute when i go to the gym haha - but hey at least i get there...