Thursday, April 22, 2010

.happiness.


Sometimes we all have times where we wonder why things happen to us or if they will ever get better. We all have those days where we would rather crawl under a blanket than walk out the door into the world. When I have times like that it helps me to think of different things that make me smile.

For instance, family. My family is my support, my life and most importantly my friends. They put up with our bad days and can turn our good days into the best ones.

This is my family :)

I also am reliving my days of loving nail polish! I am constantly seeing new colors of fingernails around campus everyday and am inspired to try new ones! It's just a fun way to spice up your look and your day! Right now I am wearing a pinkish-orange color and with the sun shining it makes my fingers sparkle and brings a little bit of happiness into my day!

Sunsets literally take my breath away. They make me realize that there is more to life than the little issues that so often consume me and most of our culture. When I see a beautiful sunset it makes me take a step back and want to slow life down to just enjoy the beauty.

Ice cream, dresses, and flip-flops all make me feel so light and happy. Maybe it's that summer feeling of knowing you can enjoy the sunshine in a cute outfit and eat a delicious treat! Whatever it is just makes me want to skip down the street and eat a strawberry ice cream cone.

Lastly, I think of how I am so blessed with the most amazing friends any girl could ever ask for. I mean seriously! They are always there for me no matter what time of day. We have too many crazy moments. Laughter and blonde moments are always present. And everyday I thank God for what incredible people He has put in my life.
(some of my girls, aren't they beautiful?!)


(we are the troublemaker/sitcom friends)

(there for me through it all)

I can't even begin to name all of the blessings I have in my life and all the things to be thankful for! Thinking about these things (and people) even during rough patches today has lifted my spirits so much! What kinds of things do you think about to make you happy during rough days?

No comments: