Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wrapped in Love


For some reason these past few weeks have been a struggle for me. I feel like a lot of stuff has been thrown my way and I'm having to deal with it one step at a time. The thing is...I would really like to take care of things NOW. It's always interesting to see what God can do through any situation. I am totally blessed to be able to already see what He is faithfully doing and am so happy that I actually can receive it!

Tonight as I was doing my devotions I was reading in Galatians chapter 5 and there right in front of my face the first verse talks about Christ coming to set us free and to stand firm so that we are no longer burdened by sin. Wow. It just amazes me how often I get caught up in my own day-to-day activities and so easily forget that the Lord of the universe came to DIE so that I could LIVE and be FREE! It really got me to thinking that no sin is worth ever jeopardizing that- ever! I want to honor Him and stand firm!

Later in the chapter it says, "A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." (vs 9). When baking bread you only need a little yeast and it works to make the entire batch of dough rise. It plays a huge part in the outcome of the bread. Sin works the same way. If we allow it to be in our life- even just a little bit- it can worm its way into every nook and cranny and eventually will play a role in the outcome of my life. In the same way God can work if I allow Him. This is such a comforting thought to me! My deepest desire is to live wholly for God and to show others His love. If I would just continue to let that work through my life, God will shine through and work His way into every nook and cranny- how awesome! :)

The Lord yearns for us to want to serve Him everyday no matter what our circumstances may bring.


These verses were exactly what I needed today. I was so excited that God showed this to me. I have a call in my life to be free and show others that freedom. I don't want any worldly thing to change that, it's just not worth eternity. Praise the Lord for His love :)

Tip for the Day: do a random act of kindness to show someone you care :)

2 comments:

Evangeline. said...

this is awesome Jenn! such a great encouragement. I love you and can't wait for our blogging date :)

Alexis said...

I was so excited to see you blogged again Jenn!! I love this! Such an encouraging word! Thanks! :) Oh, and how has your summer been so far?