Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life this time of year


I absolutely love Christmas time and all that it entails. From baking cookies together, to doing our annual family puzzle, or watching Christmas movies, I just love the joy of the holidays. My family doesn't usually do anything to extravagant, but we just enjoy being able to spend time with each other and slow down from our normally hectic and busy lives to just be.

We do have some fun traditions that we do every year. These are some that we do on Christmas Eve:

1. Ever since I was little we have always gotten new pajamas on Christmas Eve so that way when we opened our gifts Christmas morning and had pictures taken, we had our new jammies on :)

2. We always go to Christmas Eve service at church.

3. After the service at church and after our pajamas have been opened and put on, we always watch "It's a Wonderful Life" before bed. It's my mom's favorite Christmas movie and over the years it has become mine too. :)

I just love being able to enjoy these things with my family during the holidays! It truly is a wonderful life. Does your family have any traditions? If so, what are they?




2 comments:

Mark Halvorson said...

You know, I can't say that I have ever seen It's a Wonderful Life. I have heard many things about it, but alas have never seen it. My family used to have many "traditions" but since all of my brothers have grown up and moved out of the house and are either across the world in Georgia or in Hillsboro, we don't really have many traditions anymore. I hope someday to start my own, with my own family...hopefully those ones stick.

Evangeline. said...

Jenn! IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE IS MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER! Ever, ever,ever! Can we watch it together sometime? Even if it's not christmas? I miss you mucho and I am thankful to have you in my life as my friend :) Merry Christmas dear one!