Saturday, February 19, 2011

so today I ran a 5k

So this morning I got up bright and early to head down to Eugene and run a 5k! Little did I know when I signed up that it would be cold enough for ice and snow. I mean it was freezing out there. It was a 5k designed to be run with a partner so I went with Korey and of course we were running late
[I feel like I always am...]
and I was kind of nervous that we would be late and miss the start. But, we didn't :)
[I worry too much for no reason]
We finished the race in 26 minutes and 46 seconds! I was determined to run the whole thing and didn't really care about the time, but I was surprised to see that we did so well. Poor Korey had his shoe untied the whole time and since it was so cold and hard to breathe his chest hurt. I was impressed that he kept going- I don't know if I could've. Anyway, after we finished there was free clam chowder, fruit and muffins. Then we went to the mall and I shopped and bought some clothes and jewelry I probably shouldn't have. I'd say it was a success.

[me after the race]



1 comment: