Tuesday, February 15, 2011

looking on the {bright} side

Today was just one of those days where I had to look for the positives in all the negatives.

To say the least..today was {rough}. Okay correction- the beginning of this day was not too great. I woke up at 5:15
[that should be your first clue]
to go to work
[at OSU Catering].
I usually don't mind the morning shifts because I can get some hours in and then be done for the day and do whatever I want. But this morning was BAD. I had several orders right in a row and on the very first one all of the coffee, orange, juice and water spilled. grrreat. Oh, and the doors were locked to all the rooms I needed to get in and a customer asked me for more food on her order after it was set. Double wammy. But everything was set on time and good to go. Then I was off to class and then a nice workout to relieve some stress ya know. I got back to my car and found a parking ticket. Nice. I had a breakdown right then. I called my mom sobbing and just feeling {really bad}.
[I'm not overly exaggerating...I am also boggled down with schoolwork]

Man, I hope someday I can be as amazing of a woman as my mom. She is so wise and helpful and would do absolutely anything for me. My conversation with her really changed my attitude and helped relieve some more stress. God has totally blessed me! My day has only gone up from there.

I had coffee and talk-time with my wonderful friend Kendra, who I adore so much! It was such a blessed time to chat and just relax. Seriously {so blessed}. In my afternoon class I didn't have a quiz
[always a plus!],
and we got out early
[yay!].
I got to say hi to my friend Jessy, and even though it was only for like a couple seconds that girl can seriously light up my day
[thank you!].
And of course I have been praying and asking God just for a better attitude and motivation to help me get through the rest of my huge load of homework. He is so faithful.

I am so looking forward to this night. I am home in my cozy {pink fluffy} socks, sweats, and with my hair on top of my head, and I am totally motivated to do my paper, project, and study for my midterm. In fact, I am {excited} to work on it.
[okay, yes I am a nerd and total dweeb]
And I will probably have Lucky Charms for dinner... :)

This verse kept popping in my head today: "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." {psalm 118:24} Even when you think your day is going badly, just remember all things happen for a reason and that ultimately you can choose to rejoice and find the positives! :)

[this picture {totally} made me so happy]



No comments: