Thursday, February 10, 2011

.smack-dab in man-land.


So... today I had a terrifying experience. Let me explain.

I try to go to the gym at least 4 times a week and if I'm not at the gym you can generally find me running somewhere around town. Basically when I workout I do cardio exercises (running, doing the eliptical...) and then I work on abs and push-ups after that. I never go to the weight room. That is man-land right there.

So of course I get an assignment in one of my classes that requires me to go to the weight room to do various exercises to test my strength and whatnot. And of course I would choose to go when it's the busiest time of day. So there I am smack-dab in the middle of man territory looking like an idiot I'm sure because I don't even know where to
start. I mean, I've lifted weights before and all that, but when there are that many people there, it's kind of intimidating trying to figure things out. Luckily, a girl I knew was there and she was able to help me (whew!). It was so sweet of her and I am so thankful! To be honest though, I didn't finish the assignment yet because I was too intimidated. I think I saw...one...other girl in there the whole time. I mean scary! Right girls?

So, this whole thing got me to thinking that I should really become more familiar with the weight room and not be so intimidated by "man land." So here is my goal and I want to encourage you to participate with me: I am going to lift weights in the weight room on the machines 2 times a week for 25 minutes. There. I am super nervous! But it'll be a fun journey and I hope that you will join in with me!



No comments: